Monday, August 9, 2010

Victimless Crime?



You may recall that I wrote about a little tradition in my family with this elf pictured above. The short story is he was a gift to my mom and because he qualified as one of the tackiest gifts ever received, she thought she'd share him with other family members. Because my entire family has such exceptional decorating taste, they declined the offer to decorate their homes with him. So sneaking him into homes, cars, suitcases, etc.. became the game and he was passed unknowingly from person to person for the last several years. He seemed to be accident prone and occasionally an injury would occur, but he was quite the hearty elf.

We last had possession of the elf last January and then packed him into a suitcase and flew him down to Southern California for my sister's baby shower. During the shower, Morgan stole the keys from my cousin's purse and being quite the clever girl, kept pressing the unluck button until she found her car and sneaked him into the trunk. My cousin discovered him a few days later.

Last week while visiting family we were informed that my cousin's car was stolen. Six days later it was recovered, but the elf was missing.

There was a collective round of groans when she announced this. The end of a tradition.

I'd like to think that the elf found a better home-one that was more stable and perhaps a "bit" more loving. My instincts lead me to believe that his ultimate resting place may have been eerily foreshadowed...

3 comments:

travel mom said...

this is funny
i think elf rest in peace!!
hope you doing well
any playdate?
and thanks for information about banner, i think i want to get one for emma

Jennifer said...

Awwww... RIP little elf guy!

Unknown said...

OmG have you reported to the police ? you should report to police for sure and you may need to get help by these people http://bit.ly/9AmT7f to get back your stuff

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...