Saturday, December 26, 2009

Unwanted Visitor

While we always welcome company at our house, there is one visitor who has once again made an unwelcomed appearance.


The back story...
The details are a bit sketchy as this Elf was a gift to my mom many years ago. As I recall, he became quite the topic of conversation during a holiday celebration with a lot of people laughing about this present and joking about how they were envious of such a gift. Well, I believe my step-sister Amy who laughed the hardest became the first recipient of the Elf when he was sneaked into their car before they left. And so it went, our family would get together and somebody would unknowingly become the benefactor of this gorgeous home decor. Somewhere along the lines the Elf would fall victim to abuse and he would show up with bandages or other marks of injury.

Last year we were on heightened alert for this Elf and just before my parents were about to leave we made a sweep of the house and found him in Garrett's pillow. However, a little distraction and a swipe of their car keys, that Elf found himself in the trunk headed back to Southern California. Elf visitor averted!
This year, we were caught off guard. Chris, Garrett and I went to the movies and when we returned, my parents were leaving early. And within a half hour of their departure the Elf was discovered stuffed in a cabinet. I'm blaming Morgan for being distracted!

What's worse, Jack does not like the Elf, he came up to me saying, "I sceered!" Thanks Grammie and Grandpa for the nightmares that I'm sure will follow.
There's only one option.




Or is there?
laugh Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

that's awesome! What a great and hilarious family tradition and I love your blog about it! I hope those pictures are intended for a scrapbook page.

Star Rork said...

lol, this is 2 funny. poor elf!

LG said...

This has been a busy Christmas season and I apologize for not being able to greet you last Christmas. But its better late than never right? Hihihi

Merry Christmas to you and your family and I hope you had a wonderful time together. Thank you for always dropping by at my blog, for all your support and inspiration. Everything is very much appreciated.

Hugs & Kisses!
LG

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...