Sunday, February 12, 2012
1. My poor sick little one. Day 3 of some type of flu, his fever ranged from 98.6 to 104.7 today.
2. Chris took a pity trip to buy Jack a little something to cheer him up-a garbage truck which he loved.
3. That would be Garrett driving. He's doing really well and I'm now the passenger most of the time I'm in the car with him.
4. Garrett's high school soccer team had a post season picnic. Beautiful day outside and the boys played some type of game for 3 hours.
5. Garrett with his two buddies, Andrew and Chet, were the victors of the game today.
6. Kind of a down day for Morgan. She had been sick this week so I've kept her isolated from Jack and being busy with Garrett's activities she had Facebook to keep her company.
7. Still had time to cross things off my 40 bags in 40 days list. I'm falling a bit behind, but even today I got a couple more things accomplished.
8. Moving on from Facebook, Morgan painted her nails, listened to music and surfed the web. Not a very exciting day for her.
9. You don't know how excited I am to dump this box of cords in the trash. I don't have a clue what any of them go to and frankly, they are such a mess I could never find the cord I was looking for.
10. Garrett in the last game of the winter futsal session.
11. His team had a 7-4 victory and won the championship.
12. Late dinner. Stopped to pick up dinner at La Salsa.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
You bet your sweet patootie I did! And boy, does it feel good!
I ended up convincing 4 other friends to join me and that was great motivation along the way. I think we're all going to go out and celebrate and share our accomplishments.
So, 40 bags-where did they go?
Well the trash cans were full each week.
But I have to say, I have a much easier time parting with my belonging if I know they are going to a place where they can be used. So here's where some of the bags went.
- My niece Arianna got a box of adorable clothes that belonged to Morgan and she has a bag here that I'll be passing off to my mom to bring to her in person.
- The SPCA got a bag of older towels and blankets that they use for the animals.
- Charities such as Salvation Army, Goodwill, and Shepherd's Gate got clothes, shoes, household items, toys, and furniture.
- I found a box of Garrett's shirts that were barely worn, some still new. And while I could have passed them along to a charity above, there's an upscale thrift store that supports the American Cancer Society. I think it's a worthwhile charity and know they would be able to get some good prices on the clothes. I added some tablecloths and other items I knew would sell well.
- I consigned a bench and two table lamps.
- We took many old cans of paint to the hazardous waste recycling plant.
- We recycled a big container of batteries.
- We donated a lot of old electronics to an E-waste fundraiser.
- I sold/gave away items through The Mother's Club.
- I brought a large bag to Office Max to have papers shredded.
I wouldn't say it was hard coming up with my list of 40 items. But as I moved through different areas of the house and garage, I realized my list could have been much so longer. So going to take a bit of a purging break and then tackle a few more areas.
Monday, February 6, 2012
Just kidding, we spent the day at UC Davis at a Cheer competition. Priorities people, priorities :-)
If you recall, their last competition they placed third and this week placed second. Next stop, Nationals at California Adventure in a month. I predict a lot of practices ahead, they are coming in as the defending champions and want to repeat!
I found a real nice girl who took the video for me. Morgan is in the last stunt on the right. I don't know much about cheerleading, but her coach she can do that stunt better than most high school girls. I'm just glad she didn't fall!