Sunday, July 4, 2010

Some Follow Ups

I had posted a picture of our calendar for June. It seemed pretty jam packed at the time. Here's what it ended up looking like:

I love having my calendar online, it's visually easier for me to read it and really convenient to move things around or just delete. Many of these "events" are linked to emails which provide more complete details.

You might also recall in April I wrote about potty training. Well the follow up to this is 1)I have not bought anymore diapers 2) I have not come close to depleting our supply 3)I put a Pull-Up on Jack because it was handy and he threw the mother of all fits. We are not in a hurry apparently.


Our contract: We're getting into our summer routine and everything on that list seems to be getting easier. I think Garrett has realized that down time isn't necessarily a bad thing (though he hasn't had much of it). The raffle that I mentioned is turning out to be a landslide for Morgan. In general, I would say she is more helpful, but in Garrett's defense he's been really busy and just hasn't been around as much to help. But I stocked up on $5 gift cards. I bought some for Coldstone, a few for a local candy shop and a couple for Barnes and Noble.

Have I mentioned I hate moles? Here's my once flourishing zucchini plant-the roots were all chewed off. I know I need to get rid of the grubs, but not sure if there is a pestacide-free way of doing this. My gardening friend Cara suggested we put chicken wire down. That might be the next step.



And here's one layout I was able to squeeze in and used some pictures I shared during our lost blanket days. I don't usually work with pictures this size, but I took advantage of a free offer from Wink and decided to create a layout based around it.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow Julie! I don't know how you keep so busy without burning out! What a great layout! You really have an eye for color combinations, placement and design. I'm glad your contract is going well. I started a chore chart where the kids have to earn stars and different amounts of stars at the end of the week amount to things such as $5 , silly bands and a special treat ( which would be a trip to Chuck E Cheese or somewhere equally as exciting to them). They also get stars taken away for bad behavior. This is our first week using it (last week was our first week of summer, but we went on vacation) and it seems to be bombing, BIG TIME. Neither has anywhere near enough stars for even the smallest prize and they just go on fighting, hollering and screaming like they always do.

Cara said...

My friend lines the perimeter of her garden beds with marigolds to keep slugs and snails out. It looks pretty, too! Sorry about the mole, that little bugger.

Cara said...

...or maybe the marigolds keep the bugs out and the strips of copper keeps the snails and slugs out? Thin strips of copper that are adhesive on one side.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...