Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sketch for the New Year




Now that the decorations are down, the kids are headed back to school, I've been itching to do a little scrapping. Long story short I found a wonderful new blog for some scrapping inspiration and her post contained information about a blog hop. So I hopped! And boy was I inspired. I loved the sketch and one of their challenges was to try it, so I did :).
It didn't turn out quite as expected, seems a little flat to me, but I couldn't decide what picture to use so I might just give it another try :)

Want to do a little hopping and see some great work? Start at Pamela's blog. And you can find even more by taking a look at others who decided to do a layout based on the sketch here.

Here's a link to the challenge site: http://scrapbookchallenges.ning.com


14 comments:

Pamela said...

I absolutely love it! Fantastic job! :)

Mazlina said...

awesome picture.. and love the colors!

Cindy Groh said...

Awesome LO. Love the way you did the patterned paper:)

djp said...

great take! love those colors!

A Sarasota said...

Happy Blog Hop!

Ilene said...

Love the LO and the paper you chose!

ruth said...

Gorgeous photo! Love your layout!

Becky said...

It's AuntJo here! Love your take on this sketch!

Carol Sue said...

How cute! :)

Teresa Hord said...

Great layout! Looks like you and I are both in California!

stephanie said...

amazing...I just saw that sketch moments ago while blog-hopping! great job--I love the quote you added, so sweet :)

j.leija said...

such a great take on the sketch! fabulous photo too!
xxbesos
j.leija

Ginny said...

Oh great layout, love the color combo!

Annie Collins said...

Love the layout & picture. I wanted to thank you for joining us on the Scrapbook Challenges New Years blog hop. Also for leaving me such a wonderful comment on my blog & following me. I do appreciate it very much.

I hope you will continue to play with us over on Scrapbook Challenges - we have a lot of great thing coming up this year & visiting my blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...