Friday, September 24, 2010

We had a Monster Bash

Yes, just three hours ago~lol.
But what a sweet bunch of kids and Jack is thoroughly entertained with his presents so thought I'd share his third birthday party while I have my feet up. (Not to mention I'm looking at a weekend consisting of a soccer class, 4 soccer games and a gymnastics meet an hour away, so if not now, when????)


Okay, aren't these adorable? My crafty and creative friend Carrie made the invitations for me. And the shirt? Found that on Etsy and it is really well made. Love it!

Here's a few before the party pictures I snapped. My Cricut got quite a workout making this banner. So happy I had it. The monsters were added with temporary tape so maybe I'll be able to recycle it for future parties?

And here's a few more crafty projects. Found the canvases at Big Lots for $3, bought one and painted with some acrylic paints from my stash. Turned out pretty cute so made 3 more. It was honestly a project I completed during one nap.

These banners were prompted by the fact that I didn't have much monster decor to choose from. I found an adorable monster print and cut them out and quickly sewed them to ribbon. They looked cute from afar, but definitely not my finest handiwork.

We did have other food, but I put it out a bit later. The little monsters are puppets I propped with water bottles.

Made the cupcakes, but bought the cake for the adults at Nothing Bundt Cake, because they have the yummiest cakes.

The whole monster theme started with these felt bags I found clearanced at Michaels this summer. Came across the monster counting books at the dollar spot at Target, added a monster lollipop, monster rubber duck, and some adorable homemade monster soaps made by Melsfunsuds on Etsy. And a big shout out to her, she rushed my order with time to spare.


Found these make a monster sticker faces at Michaels as well.

Exhausted the kids in the bounce house.

Hope you enjoyed your party Jack. I promise we'll do the cars or trains next year :-)

6 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Julie you are a super mom! I love Jack's t-shirt and his cute locks too. Hope you have a great weekend.

Jamie said...

That's so stinkin' cute Julie. Love all the things you coordinated with the theme. Great job!

Alicia Adams said...

Fantastic. You rock.

Caroline said...

This turned out great! I love your fabric banners! I'm sure you'll see this theme again in about 2 years ;)

LG said...

WOW great party. Love the banner and the design concept

Nancy Damiano said...

I LOVE the monster theme! All of the decorations were perfect and the watermelon head thing is a hoot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...