Sunday, October 18, 2009

Jeffrey

Many moons ago when I was a teenager I saw a Bill Cosby comedy routine and I vividly remember a segment about a boy named Jeffrey. I don't think I can justly describe this bit and thanks to youtube, I found it for your enjoyment.


Flash forward to Thursday, a mom and 3 kids board a Jet Blue flight. With the flight being only an hour long and the just turned two year old veteran flyer having his own seat for the first time, this mom felt confident this flight would be a breeze. And for the first forty minutes with a bag of tricks and help from the older sister, it was manageable. And then the pilot said to buckle up, the descent would begin. And with those words, I think their descent into hell began. This boy decided he wanted nothing to do with the buckle and no cajoling, bribery, song and dance could turn his attention away from this buckle. His protests came in the form of loud cries, flailing, screaming, etc... Twenty minutes may not seem like a long time, but ask any passenger around them, it was an eternity. Once landed, it was decided by the mom to send the older son off the plane and wait for the stroller as she could not face the glares of fellow passengers. At this point the boy happily discovered the window to the relief of his mom.



Then again, maybe not.
With this latest incident, the mother grabbed the child and decided to leave the plane. In response, he arched his back and threw himself against the back of the seat, hitting his head and beginning yet another round of crying. As the mom reached down to scoop up his head, the entire contents of a Goldfish bag dumped to the ground. With that, the poor mom picked up what was left of her dignity and told the flight crew they'd be back on Sunday and perhaps they might want to work on switching their shifts.

Now I'm keeping this post anonymous so the guilty parties will not be pursued by Jet Blue, but I think we all know who we are talking about, right?

4 comments:

Cara said...

LOL, that was my favorite Cosby routine and oh man, I can only cringe while reading your story. You deserve a bit KiKat bar.

Diane Zwang said...

Sending you lots of hugs. I agree with Cara lots of chocolate:)

Lynn said...

Chocolate, wine and a hot bath! Great post! :)

Jennifer said...

That's hilarious... and comforts me... I haven't even dared try and fly with Zoe yet... and now I know why! LOL! Sorry you had to deal with this.. uh.. I mean, sorry your anonymous friend had to deal with it and tell her wine.. lots of wine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...