Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Follow Up-40 Bags

So it's been 40 days since I said I was hopping aboard the 40 bags in 40 days challenge. Did I do it?

You bet your sweet patootie I did! And boy, does it feel good!

I ended up convincing 4 other friends to join me and that was great motivation along the way. I think we're all going to go out and celebrate and share our accomplishments.

So, 40 bags-where did they go?

Well the trash cans were full each week.
But I have to say, I have a much easier time parting with my belonging if I know they are going to a place where they can be used. So here's where some of the bags went.
  • My niece Arianna got a box of adorable clothes that belonged to Morgan and she has a bag here that I'll be passing off to my mom to bring to her in person.
  • The SPCA got a bag of older towels and blankets that they use for the animals.
  • Charities such as Salvation Army, Goodwill, and Shepherd's Gate got clothes, shoes, household items, toys, and furniture.
  • I found a box of Garrett's shirts that were barely worn, some still new. And while I could have passed them along to a charity above, there's an upscale thrift store that supports the American Cancer Society. I think it's a worthwhile charity and know they would be able to get some good prices on the clothes. I added some tablecloths and other items I knew would sell well.
  • I consigned a bench and two table lamps.
  • We took many old cans of paint to the hazardous waste recycling plant.
  • We recycled a big container of batteries.
  • We donated a lot of old electronics to an E-waste fundraiser.
  • I sold/gave away items through The Mother's Club.
  • I brought a large bag to Office Max to have papers shredded.

I wouldn't say it was hard coming up with my list of 40 items. But as I moved through different areas of the house and garage, I realized my list could have been much so longer. So going to take a bit of a purging break and then tackle a few more areas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...