Saturday, January 14, 2012

A New Year

Happy 2012!
We spent New Year's in Santa Barbara. Garrett had a soccer camp so the rest of us stayed at the Fess Parker Doubletree and had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather and the beach across the street.


I guess you can say that Morgan and Jack did the polar bear plunge!

So we came home and I was ready to join in the momentum of all those New Year resolution and then I got sick....
So I may be midway through the month, but I'm still hopping aboard that bandwagon although I like to see them as goals as opposed to resolutions. Just that subtle change in semantics makes it feel less daunting and more attainable.

So writing it down to be accountable for all...
1.Lose 10 pounds, eat healthy, exercise more, blah,blah, blah
(yep, you can tell I'm not too excited about this one. I do need to, no doubt-maybe once my energy is back, I'll show a bit more enthusiasm.)
2. Read 24 books-I did this last year and think that 24 is a realistic number for me.
3. Date nights-going to make an effort to plan one kid free night out a month-yes, you read that right, Chris :-)
4. Photography-I have all the equipment and I have so many tools to help me improve, I just need to focus and set aside some time and make it a priority this year.

5. Organization-So I'm always one to grasp on to a catchy name. I read about 40 bags in 40 days
and I couldn't help but think this would be a great way to get through lots of cluttered areas in my house in a short amount of time. So I made my list (below) and have set a date (2/22) and I'm already 2 bags down 38 to go~woo hoo! I have 3 friends that are joining me in this goal so it will be nice to have friends to help motivate me along the way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...