Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some Summer Scrapbooking

Summer is my least productive scrapbooking season. I know we're doing a lot of fun things that fill up our days and nights, but I really miss the solitude (read peace and quiet) of crafting. It may take longer than usual, but I have managed to get a few pages done with the help from some very inspirational designers.

This is one of those pictures that wasn't very good, but the story was too good not to remember. Jack and Morgan's rooms are "Jack and Jill" bedrooms with an adjoining bathroom. Before I head to bed, I go peek in on Jack and have about a 50/50 chance that he's in his bed. He loves to sneak into Morgan's room and fall asleep in her bed. And so I carry him back to his room many nights. On this night, not only did I find Jack in her bed, but look at Morgan! I don't know how she even got into that sleeping position.



A fourth of July layout using some Lily Bee papers. Yes, I know that I'm missing some ric rac on the page and yes, it bugs me, but I am not a perfectionist...I am not a perfectionist...I am not a perfectionist (I'm really trying to convince myself.) I ran out and didn't have anything I liked quite as much.


This one was done with Basic Grey Luscious papers. We recently were at Gilroy Gardens and while it was perfect for Jack, it's not exactly an exciting destination for a 12 year old. But Morgan was a great sport, going on all the kiddie rides and making sure Jack had a great day.




This is a lift of Nancy Damiano. I don't think I used any of the same papers that she used in her original (and I used paper from 4 different lines), but it sure turned out pretty similar. This is a bicycle rodeo at Jack's school and Jack brought his Strider bike. It has not pedals on it and helps to teach balance so he can transition to a big bike and not need training wheels. He's a little speed demon on it.



This last one is a lift of Kelly Goree using Basic Grey Oliver paper. Yet another soccer layout from high school season

I have a few more to share soon.

P.S. Jenifer-How's my little niece's album coming along? :-)

2 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Great layouts as usual. My parents took some pictures of interesting sleeping positions with all 3 of us. I can't believe Morgan is 12. Time flies:)

stephanie said...

Beautiful pages, as always. Your pages are always inspiring. And actually, I never even noticed the missing red rickrack until you pointed it out.. I was too busy looking at the pictures and the embellishment next to where the rickrack should have been!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...