Sunday, July 24, 2011

"Pinterest"ing

For the longest time, I have filled my favorites folders on my computer with great ideas-scrapbooking pages, recipes, craft ideas, party ideas, destinations, etc... There is tons of inspiration in those folders. The problem is that they are in those folders and often forgotten or difficult to access.

And then came Pinterest. I seriously think this is the best thing since sliced bread and maybe even better. The best explanation I could give is Pinterst is like a virtual bulletin board. If you find something on the web, you "pin" it on your board. There will be a little picture to represent your idea and when you click your picture it will take you back to the original website. You can also create different boards to help you keep everything organized and easy to find.

Since I've been pinning, I feel like I've been more likely to try some new ideas. and I've made some new recipes. It has definitely provided a creative burst.

Well this whole explanation to share one of my pinned projects. I saw this picture and thought it would be a great summer activity. It was linked back to a Family Fun article with all the instructions.

So, with the whole family involved, we did it. And boy, was it worth it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the "cars" were all clean. We moved it over the grass and put the slip and slide under it and had a ball.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

***Just a side note-if you decide to make this, the webbing straps are impossible to find. 4 big box stores, a couple phone calls-I finally located some on the web, but it was over $60 for a roll. We opted to take an old beach towel and cut it in strips and it worked just fine.

1 comment:

Diane Zwang said...

Looks like the kids had tons of fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...