Sunday, June 26, 2011

June Scrapbooking

To say I don't scrapbook in order would be an understatement. Never have. Never will.
So here's a look at some of what I got done scrapping with friends earlier this month at that gorgeous house.

This was an Allison Davis sketch. I attempted to scrap these pictures quite some time ago, but was not loving the direction or the papers. This time around, I'm really pleased with this page.


Funny story, we were looking for a picture of Garrett at a certain age so I pulled out an older album and these pictures were in the album, but just there loosely, not scrapped. So I decided to bring them with me. I used another Allison Davis sketch and dug into my black buttons to make those little Mickeys. I'm sure my page would look nothing like this if I had scrapped it 8 years ago.

You see what I mean-I scrap out of order. This is the first page to Garrett's K-5 book. I used the page I did for Morgan as my guide.

This is a lift of a page by Karen Grunberg. Even though the pictures aren't great, I like that I was able to tell the story about what Morgan's been up to since quitting gymnastics. I like to tease her that she is growing through her Marcia Brady phase and trying out lots of things.

Another Allison Davis sketch (and also completed awhile ago).

I had this Kick This template for awhile. I was kind off put of by using it, but it's a nice and simple page and sometimes I have to remind myself that nice and simple if just fine.

Some new papers that I had no intention of using for a Jack page, but I think they worked just perfectly.

A lift of a Nancy Damiano. Chris saw these pictures and said, "oh, that's the tournament that Garrett got 3 place." pause "I think." I asked Garrett and he thinks it was 3rd-quite honestly in 20 years from now, it won't really matter. So I'm creating a little family history here and documenting this as a 3rd place win.

I saw a page somewhere and this was really inspired by it. I changed a bit to accommodate my pictures.

And another inspired by someone on the web.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...