Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If it's not fun, you're not doing it right...

14 years old



So birthdays and 14 year old boys are kind of a non-event. I'm sure I won't be saying this when Morgan is 14, but everything about a 14 year old birthday needs to be understated. Party...no, just wants to hang out with friends. Invites via email (not even Evite), dinner, movie, cake-but no candles and singing, sleepover and sleeping in till almost 9:00.



But all bets are off when it's my day to celebrate with my boy :) I don't have kids turning 14 everyday so I wanted to make the day special.
Garrett has had the same pay as you go phone since fifth grade and despite going through the washer and dryer, that thing would not die, much to Garrett's dismay. Garrett's been a little vague about what kind of phone he wanted because ultimately it needs to work with the phone plan that we are willing to pay for. So we decided to give him cash and let him decide.
So I made this cake

If you can't read texting language it says Are you 14? Happy Birthday. You are great.


And then I found this

How perfect was this? So now, what do I do about the money? Take a look.





I did good if I do say so myself! It's not easy getting this type of expression from a 14 year old.

Happy Birthday Garrett!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

great pictures and awesome cake! I'll have to watch the video again later.. I just played it, but it is too loud in my house (imagine that) and I could't hear what was going on or said. I just saw a string of money.

Cara said...

You are so creative! Wow, you really must have left an impression, that's big smile coming from a brooding teenager.

travel mom said...

i had hard time to read text...
feels old....
happy birthday to your "baby boy"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...