Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Ta Da!!


I know, this is not terribly exciting, but yet another one of Morgan's ideas- something she's been bugging us to do for several years. We found some planters online and were all set to order them, but a trip to Costco changed our plans. They had this whole kit in a box, just the right size for our space.

The kit also came with a humongous bag of nails. If you know us, that is usually something we try to avoid. But it turned into a family effort over several weekends putting together the beds one at a time. Finally we got a free weekend and some beautiful weather and were able to finish it up.

Tomatoes, bell peppers, strawberries, squash, zucchini, some herbs like basil, rosemary, parsley, and mint and a some butterfly attracting plants and we're just waiting for our garden to grow.

5 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Looks like fun.

travel mom said...

you will have fun when it bloom - we had little gardening this year and can't stop!! - flower and strawberry are still surviving in our house....enjoy!!

stephanie said...

I think it'll be a great experience for Morgan and the family! I have a garden in my backyard and I love that Meli and Riley get to 'help' me and I get to tell them about what we're doing and how the plants grow.. :)

Sandy said...

Neat little planters you found! Roger and Teagan planted some vegetables, and she loves to tell me about the 'vegtables.' Now only if I can get her to EAT them.

Cara said...

Great family project! Who do you think will be out there watering in Aug.?? I have one guess. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...