Sunday, June 6, 2010

Quick Catch Up

I'm baaaacckkk! And after a great night's rest in my own bed I'm jumping right back into things-cleaning up the backyard, a trip to Costco, dropping off a kid at the golf course and it's just noon.

I also came back with a memory card full of pictures. But here's a quick look at our trip through the iPhone.


1. I was really concerned about how I was going to manage carrying all this stuff, but it worked and nothing I brought I wished I left home.
2. That glow is Virgin America lighting. They were fabulous. My flight was cheap and if given the chance, I'd fly them again. Also, Jack took naps on both flights and didn't need to walk around until 4 hours into the flight. That carseat was a lifesaver!
3. Jack holding Arianna for the first time. He had the sweetest smile on his face for the 2 minutes it kept his interest.
4. On Sunday, we spent about 4 hours at the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum before heading over to the Inner Harbor. Needless to say my little train lover was in heaven. If ever in the area, I highly recommend it.
5. On Monday, we toured around downtown Annapolis. What a darling little town. It was pretty hot and humid, but felt great to take the water taxi from Jenifer and David's home to the downtown area.
6. Each day, Jack became more and more interested in helping me care for the baby. Today he asked to feed her.
7. This little onesie I had bought for Jenifer and David for a Christmas gift. She's just starting to fit into her 3-6 month old clothing.
8. We were treated so nicely while we were there-David arranged to have a pizza and salad delivered one day for lunch. East Coast=yummy pizza.
9. We were also treated to a big thunderstorm. I don't know if this was considered big by East Coast standards. But this California girl enjoyed the rare treat.
10. Just one of the pictures I sent to Jenifer to help make her week back to work go a little easier. Nothing like a little Arianna smile to help you get through the day :)
11. 2 things~we did a lot of shopping while we were there :) and I ended up giving our stroller to Jenifer and she ordered the umbrella stroller we've been wanting to get. LOVE it. So nice to downsize to a smaller, lighter stroller.
12. Finally reunited. Morgan and Jack had such big smiles on their face when they saw each other. Garrett did too (but I'm apparently not quick enough for the 5 seconds it lasted!)

4 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Sounds like you had a great trip.

travel mom said...

sounds like fun trip - you shoud put rail musuem and some stuff on my blog...please~~~
i want to know all about your trip
let me know when will you be free
hope you had great weekend at home

Jennifer said...

awww how sweet! Sounds like fun and you're a BRAVE woman! We talked about going home for a visit this summer, but I have decided that there is no way I am spending either 4 hours locked in a plane with my two OR 30 hours in a car with them! I can barely stand the 20 minute ride to Target. Not this summer.

Sandy said...

I had no idea you were going to be so close by! Only an hour and change away! Glad you had a great trip! She is adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...