Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mary Mary

How does your garden grow?
Really?

Here's the picture I took on the twelfth of June proudly showing our flourishing garden.


A couple days ago I noticed our parsley was looking a little droopy so I gave it some water and assumed it would perk up the next day.
But when I went to water it again, it was gone. As in VANISHED. MISSING. POOF.



So unless we have a parsley caper in the neighborhood, my hunches lead me to believe it's the work of one nasty mole.
/
I detest these creatures. They've absolutely been a menace in our yard. They're impossible to get rid of. In the past they've left mounds all over our yard. Is is too much to ask that this 8 foot square plot of land can be zoned mole free?

Since these pictures have been taken, we've since lost 3 green bean plants and the basil looks like it will be a victim any day now.

So back to my original question. Mary, how does your garden grow?

3 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

I feel your pain. I have a blackberry bush and this will be the first year in which I will not get to eat any. Something, probably a opossum, is eating them all.

Jennifer said...

I just had my first experience with these. We don't have a garden, but my neighbor does and his garden is just over the fence from our property. I walked outside the other day and there was a trail all over our yard.. it looked like Bugs Bunny had been in the yard! My other neighbor told me that they also like to eat grubs, so if you think you have grubs in your yard, you need to get rid of them. Who knows.... my third neighbor told us chipmunks did it.. but we've had chipmunks living under our shed since we moved in 5 years ago and this is the first year we've had the mounds. So...this comment was really no help at all.. sorry. Good luck, though!

travel mom said...

i didn't know we get those around here...
i know we do have snake and slug(ew~~)...i do not like them at all but they still come to our place...
good luck

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...