Thursday, May 21, 2009

Look Who's Talking....




I've been wanting to do a layout like this for awhile now, but 2 months ago, the list of words would have been much shorter. If I would have waited any longer, this would have become a 2 page layout, the language acquisition is on full speed. Absolutely amazing to hear new words daily.
I opened up a word document a couple days ago with intention of trying to add to it as I remembered words in his vocabulary and I found myself running and adding to this list all day long. I couldn't believe how many more words Jack has than what I thought.
I organized his words by subject more as a prompt for me, but it's interesting to see where the bulk of words are falling.

Here's a closer look at the journaling I did.
Sports related words: soccer, kick, goal, soccer ball, golf, tee, ball, golf ball, putt, jump, dizzy, swing, whee, soccer game

Family related words: Mama, Daddy, work (in reference to daddy), Mo Mo, Garrett (though it sounds like "rare"), hug, Jack (Dat)

Body Parts & Clothes: head, hair, nose, eyes, teeth, ears, pants, shoes, socks, hat, hand, pants

Animal related words: doggie, fish, froggie, neigh, birdie, goat, moo, duck, quack

Phrases-“There’s the ____”, night-night, side to side, round and round (from The Wheels on the Bus), he at work, hi momma

Food related words: Eat, ice cream, cookie, juice, water, cracker, baba (cup), banana, cheese

Interests: car, vroom, plane, fly, Roary, Barney, Elmo, read, book, Gymbo, baby, balloon, bubbles, phone, truck

Still more: sit, off, help, hi, bye, go, up, please, teacher, no, more, blankee, paci, cup, hot, this, moon. poo poo, potty, rock, owie, uh-oh, outside, flower, sand, turn, bath, mess

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but overall I'm so glad I took the time to do this. I sure wish I had a list to compare to words Garrett and Morgan were using.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I didn't even realize that you popped those dots up - that's a great detail that adds to the fun of the page. I really wish I had done something like this. I wonder what kind of conversation Jack and Teagan would have together :)

Caroline said...

Love the pop dot circles!!!!!!1

Amber said...

I love your layouts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...