Monday, May 11, 2009

Changing Course

What's the saying? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Well let me give you a little visual of my own personal insanity and how I've resolved it.Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My "sweet" little boy has turned into a bit of a monkey.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This isn't really the best picture, but composition wasn't exactly a priority. He loves to make the lighting fixture swing.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Now usually when he gets up there, my eyes pop open and I yell and get him down. A little something like this:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And Jack's reaction to it is this:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And he gets right back up and continues this throughout the day.
Insanity, right?
So last week, a little fed up, I decided to try something different.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
No reaction. Just look up and say, "oh, you want to climb, let's go climb on the slide (or insert whatever). And guess what, not getting a reaction from me is really boring.Image and video hosting by TinyPic
He is still climbing up, but only once a day and that is a piece of cake to deal with. And that makes me Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Caroline said...

LOL, I love all of your graphics inserted in your post. That monkey of yours may be up to no good, but he sure is cute. I hope he continues to be bored by you and climb on the slide instead :-)

Jill said...

Hey, my little monkey does the same thing! :) Thanks - maybe I'll try your approach!

Jennifer said...

good advice.. I'll have to try this! Cute graphics!

Sandy said...

I have to agree with Carrie - the graphics are hilarious. I'll have to remember the calm approach. Not always easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...