Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 12 (AKA Easter)


Well it just so happens that the 12th fell on Easter this year. So my normally unwilling participants also known as my family knew that they better cooperate today and I think they did.
I normally number my pictures, but it seems they are pretty self explanatory this month. The Easter baskets for Garrett and Morgan consisted of candy and a few small gift cards to Jamba Juice and iTunes. Jack had a bucket filled with some Little People vehicles and sand toys. G & M still searched for eggs, but on the lawn I had eggs filled with goldfish. Jack was eager for about the first three and then lost interest.
Prior to that we attended the 8:00 church service and went to their pancake breakfast. Chris and Garrett lounged the entire day watching the Masters. Easter is probably my favorite holiday to cook probably because I cook what I like and it's pretty easy to coordinate. This year's menu consisted of ham (from the Honey Baked Ham Shoppe), Boursin scalloped pototoes, sauteed green beans with shallots, salad, foccacia, and yellow cake with a strawberry filling and homemade vanilla frosting. Jenifer was here this year and the weather was beautiful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...