Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Story Behind the Pictures


I had Jack's 18 month pictures taken yesterday. You know, there's a lot of prep work into getting these pictures. First you have to find the right outfit-good colors, an outfit not too similar to previous photos (which for a boy is tough). And then it's all about timing. You can't have a sick kid. And it's a must that the nap gets timed right and then try and coordinate this with a favorite photographer's schedule and phew~I'm exhausted even before I arrive. This time, I decided to use the prop above. I was sure that getting Jack to sit for more that 2 seconds would be impossible and this might do the trick. Well Jack certainly surprised me, what a ham!







A final note, that sucker could not be pried from his hand. We had to wait about 20 minutes for our pictures to be printed and I was faced with a dilemma. Take the sucker and contribute to the biggest tantrum our mall has ever witnessed or let him continue licking it while receiving evil glares from other moms for being such an indulgent mom. Tough choice, but I went with option C...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Those pictures are great! I love his shirt with the sucker. LOL, at option C that would go over big in our house too!

Sandy said...

Great idea with option C! The fear of the tantrum is why I never took my valentines sucker pics. These came out really great!

stephanie said...

I have two massive swirly suckers hiding in my pantry...like Sandy, I'm too afraid to get them out! One kid would be enough, I don't know how I'll deal with two little sticky ones!!

stephanie said...

I forgot to mention how great your pics came out!! I feel ya on the issue of boys clothes, but you always seem to have Jack dressed so adorably! :D

Diane Zwang said...

The pictures are wonderful. You sure have cute kids. I am amazed that you were able to take the sucker away from him even with french fries. Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...