Monday, September 1, 2008

Relatively Young






Well I think I haven't encountered too many people this month who knew of my "big" birthday and commented, "I can't believe you're going to be 40!". Fortunately being 40 does allow for a bigger celebration than most birthdays so I'm sharing some of the pictures from my party. So I guess that makes up for it. But on Friday, August 29, something happened that which made me smile. Replublican candidate John McCain picked his Vice Presential candidate Sarah Palin. I think his pick caught many of the news media off guard as they were scrambling to come up with a biography on her. She's from Alaska, she's a mom of 5, she's a former beauty queen and "at 44, she's relatively young." So hear ye, hear ye, in case you haven't heard, 44 is relatively young and 40 is, well that's just young period.
So here's some pictures from the party. Chris gets major kudos for planning it. Here I thought that he was incapable of picking up clothes off the ground and he goes and pulls off something like this. Apparently he had a good cover for 17 years. It was located about 5 miles from our house at the Elliston Winery. And in case you want to see all 165 pictures, here's a link to a Snapfish album. It's great to have so many scrapbooking friends~they made sure I'd have enough pictures for an entire album!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...