Thursday, June 11, 2009

On the Eve of 12 on the 12th

My friend Carrie posted this on her blog and I loved the message and asked if I could copy. So with tomorrow being the 12th of the month, I know many of my friends will be taking lots of pictures so consider this your public service announcement.

Today I want to urge you to get over your shyness and pride and get in the picture!
I wish, wish, wish I had more pictures of me with our children. It is one of my few regrets.
So here’s the deal…
1. In five years you will look five years older….you WILL look young in the pictures you take today!
2. Ten years ago I thought I was fat. Oh my goodness….I should have taken pictures THEN.
3. Your children look at you all day long. THEY know what you look like. They won’t care how you look in the picture.
I really don’t like how I look in pictures. It pains me. I still want to look like I did when I was 25 years old. And really I’m shocked that I don’t.
But seriously. My children love me just the way I am. Chins and all.
Consider this your call to action!
You can do it. I know you can. If I can, you can!
Let your light shine. You will never regret it!
Encourage one another,


The rest of this post can be found here:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2009/05/snap-out-of-it/

Even if you're not doing 12 on the 12th, make a point of getting in the picture every once in awhile.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...